Karachi, March 07, 2017: P&G is celebrating International Women's Day by reaffirming its commitment to Gender Equality, a key focus areas under its Citizenship efforts. P&G is leveraging the strengths of its business operations as well as its scale and advertising voice to address gender bias, enable education for girls and promote women's economic empowerment, across the world.
P&G aims to do this by sparking conversations that motivate change through its brand advertising campaigns. It is helping remove gender–biased barriers for women and girls, focused on education and economic opportunities. Beyond this, it is creating an inclusive environment within the Company where men and women can contribute to their full potential.
In Pakistan P&G has been committed to empowering women and young girls with confidence through campaigns such as the Always #MyFutureStartsToday and Pantene #StrongIsBeautiful. Moreover, the Always School Education Program has reached over 8 million Pakistani girls with essential health and hygiene education to date.
Since the start of its operations in Pakistan 25 years ago, P&G has been committed to recruiting and developing the top talent of this country, with a very special focus on women. This includes strong representation of women in its flagship Summer Internship Program, a host of workplace policies and benefits to support women employees, the Women Empowered Network – a mentoring and support platform for women and several other initiatives which enable the retention and long–term career progression of women. As a result, today women constitute around 35% of the employees at the P&G General Office in Karachi and 40% of the P&G Pakistan Leadership Team.
Moreover, P&G is a founding member of the US–Pakistan Women's Council's corporate initiative. Through this partnership P&G is committed to advancing its gender diversity mission and to supporting US–Pakistan Women's Council in its efforts to increase women's participation in the workforce.
With the global release of its #WeSeeEqual video, P&G aims to further its aspiration to build a better world for all – inside and outside of P&G – a world free from gender bias, and a world with equal representation and an equal voice for women and men. A world where everyone sees equal.
P&G believes it is its responsibility to be a good corporate citizen. P&G focuses its Citizenship efforts across a number of areas that are important to its business and the world. This begins with Ethics and Corporate Responsibility, which is the foundation for the other areas: Community Impact, Diversity and Inclusion, Gender Equality and Environmental Sustainability.
About P&G's Global Gender Equality Program:
Globally, P&G is focused on three areas where it can have the greatest impact:
- Leveraging its voice in advertising and media to tackle gender–bias issues through its brands.
- Recent campaigns include: Always #LikeA Girl, Ariel #ShareTheLoad and Pantene #StrongIsBeautiful
- Removing gender–biased barriers to education for girls and economic opportunities for women. P&G is doing this through its brand and corporate programs and policy advocacy efforts.
- Always Keeping Girls in School, P&G Children's Safe Drinking Water
- Women–owned business training and mentorship, enabling access to the workforce
- Achieving equal gender representation in all parts of the company and ensuring an inclusive environment where everyone – men and women – can contribute to their full potential.
- 45% of P&G managers are women. 33% of its non–employee Board of Directors members are women
- Largest corporate partner for Lean In Circles – 4,000 participants worldwide
- Catalyst partner for Men Advocating Real Change (MARC) for advancement of women
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves approximately 4.6 billion people around the world with its brands. The Company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Pampers®, Tide®, Ariel®, Always®, Whisper®, Pantene®, Mach3®, Bounty®, Dawn®, Fairy®, Gain®, Charmin®, Downy®, Lenor®, Iams®, Crest®, Oral-B®, Duracell®, Olay®, Head & Shoulders®, Wella®, Gillette®, Braun®, Fusion®, Ace®, Febreze®, Ambi Pur®, SK-II®, and Vicks®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 75 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and its brands.