- P&G and its brands will make their next wave of donations for COVID-19 relief including health, hygiene and cleaning products, PPE and financial support worth tens of millions of dollars as the first “acts of good” for 2021.
- Lead with Love campaign unites P&G’s longstanding and ongoing Citizenship efforts of Community Impact, Equality & Inclusion, and Environmental Sustainability.
- Unveiled through a powerful new creative film, “Emotions,” P&G invites everyone to make 2021 the year we all come together to do more and do better.
PAKISTAN, 18 December 2020 – Today, Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG) announced a commitment to 2,021 acts of good for 2021, starting with its next major wave of contributions of health, hygiene and cleaning products, personal protective equipment (PPE), and financial support collectively worth tens of millions of dollars for COVID-19 relief efforts.
These acts of good represent the next chapter of P&G’s Lead with Love consumer campaign, which includes a call to action to make 2021 the year we all come together to do more and do better – for communities, equality and our planet. P&G is bringing this to life through a new Lead with Love film, “Emotions,” which highlights the eight emotions humans are born with and why love is the most powerful.
“P&G people believe we have a responsibility to society, and we will continue to step up and step forward to use our reach and resources to be both a force for good and a force for growth,” said David Taylor, P&G Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer. “As the world turns to 2021, P&G is committing to lead through acts of good that will have a lasting, positive impact on people and communities around the world.”
P&G is mobilizing the power and reach of its trusted brands to deliver on its commitment of 2,021 acts of good. These acts will include new programs that will be announced throughout the year, as well as longstanding programs which will have new impacts in 2021. For example:
- In Asia Pacific, the Middle East & Africa, P&G will continue distributing products and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to underserved communities, with ongoing support for partner organizations focused on disaster relief, gender equality and environmental sustainability. In Pakistan, P&G will continue with its efforts focused on empowering women and improving health & hygiene. The Company has contributed over 350,000 products in the form of PPE and N-95 masks as well as P&G health and hygiene products including Safeguard, Ariel, Head&Shoulders, Pampers and Always to meet the increased demands needed to safely combat the COVID-19 pandemic. Through various programs, P&G has helped improve the lives of over an estimated 49 million Pakistanis to date. Employees have been actively engaged in P&G community programs, contributing over 2,900 volunteer hours in the past 12 years.
- Under its Always brand, P&G Pakistan embarked on a mission to empower girls across the country with self-confidence to pursue their dreams. Through the Always #MyFutureStartsToday campaign, 30 girls won educational scholarships and 4 winners spent a day with their role models and Always ambassadors of confidence, Naseem Hameed and Amna Ilyas.
“P&G has a responsibility to give back towards the society that helps build us; a responsibility that we are proud of and is near to our hearts. We strive to rise to the need of the hour and utilize our means and resources to be a driving force for positivity and growth for the community and society as a whole,” said Sami Ahmed, CEO P&G Pakistan. He further added, “As we enter the new year, we remain committed to using the power of our brands and our people as a leading force for good. In 2021 we will continue to support local communities, will progress our Ambition 2030 goals for environmental sustainability and create a more equal and inclusive society through our #WeSeeEqual program.”
P&G has supported communities and consumers through unexpected challenges for more than 180 years – and stepped up to provide significant support for COVID-19 relief, equality and the environment in 2020. In addition to donating tens of millions of dollars in funds, product, and in-kind support to provide COVID-19 relief this year, P&G achieved several important sustainability goals, including sending zero manufacturing waste to landfill across all P&G manufacturing sites globally. P&G also announced an acceleration of its climate actions through “It’s Our Home,” its newest climate commitment to be carbon neutral for the decade. Under the Lead with Love campaign efforts, P&G will further grow the reach and impact of positive action for communities, equality and the environment.
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, AmbiPur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks® and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.